India The Country I live In.

Everyone of us had to repeat a pledge when  we were in school .
"India is my country. All Indians are my brothers and sisters.
I love my country, and I am proud of its rich and varied heritage.
I shall always strive to be worthy of it.
I shall give my parents, teachers and all elders respect and treat everyone with courtesy.
To my country and my people, I pledge my devotion.
In their well being and prosperity alone lies my happiness.
"
But had any one of us really tried to understand what this pledge really means ? What is true meaning of being Indian?

Nowadays , the only patriotism we see either in movie theaters or during world cup. What we really try is to do is imitate something else at every turn of our life . When we were young we used to copy film actors? We marveled at their style . We tried their accent. We dressed as them on occasions . It all seemed so important then . But after some time we grew up. Instead of copying a person, we have now widened our horizons, and hence we now try copy whole culture .

I am not against of learning from other cultures . If we would never started learning from them , we would still have been stuck in world map as under developed country.  But why can't we just form a mentality of learning something from them and then teaching them something. We as Indian are well acquainted to the love that we all offer to each other or at least that we offered before the nuclear family revolution. Why can't we establish a hybrid society?

The answer lies in us . We are the youth of this country. We are the change we wished for. And we are the solution  to all our problem.

PS :- Being little acquainted with blog writing I don't how to write my initial blogs. And also I am writing as if I really no one else other than me is going to read it. So, I beg your pardon if it seems a little odd.

Comments